D & E Energy Conservers
D & E Energy Conservers is family owned and operated, serving Truro and the surrounding area since 1983. D & E Energy Conservers are specialist installers of cellulose insulation. We offer an efficient and professional service and work in all types of buildings, large or small, new or retrofit. Our customers are householders, builders, architects and more. We work in partnership with our customers to achieve the best installation and performance.
D & E Energy Conservers are a certified installer of WeathershieldTM Insulation (manufactured by Thermo Cell Industries Ltd), which provides a solid defence against fire, mould, pests and corrosion. Additionally, it is made from recycled paper stock, making Weathershield the clear choice for environmentally conscious consumers. Weathershield contains 87% recycled content and is made from a renewable natural resource.
Environmentally responsible Manufacturing;
- Weathershield uses 10 times less energy to manufacture than Fiberglass and 64 times less energy to manufacture than Spray Foam.
- Weathershield is an excellent thermal and acoustical insulator.
- Weathershield prevents mold & mildew growth in the insulation, prevents insects and rodents from nesting and is treated to prevent fires.
- Weathershield is free of asbestos, formaldheyde, CFC's, HFC's, or HCFC's, and passed the VOC emmission test requirement for classrooms in California.
- 30% higher R value per inch than other blown in insulation allowing the same R value in the attic with less space used.. Improves the energy efficiency of your home